What you should know about greasy skin
Cause and effect: how spots occur
These symptoms are signs of greasy skin
- Shiny skin: sebum is visible as a greasy film on the skin.
- Enlarged skin pores: if too much sebum is produced by the skin, the walls of the pores expand permanently.
- Sallow complexion: greasy skin does not have good circulation, so the complexion often looks sallow.
- Spots in the T-zone: the skin on the forehead, nose and chin is particularly affected by impurities.
How to look after greasy skin
Clean the skin right into the pores
Make your skin radiant!
Methods of combating spots
Tips for blemish-free skin: how to stay one step ahead of spots!
- Avoiding irritating factors: Avoid heat, abrasions and aggressive cleansing, as greasy skin reacts very sensitively to these.
- Bind excess grease: matt powders and oil-free make-up absorb excess sebum on the face. If you notice that your face is very shiny, you can also grab a paper tissue and gently dab off the sebum.
- Skin scrubs and masks for spots: You can remove dead skin cells and dirt from your skin 2-3 times a week using a mild scrub and then tone and moisturise with a mask.
- Visiting a beauty salon: Have your skin cleansed regularly by your professional beauty therapist. This will have a lasting improvement on the appearance of your skin.
- Changing your nutrition and habits: Having an unhealthy lifestyle, such as smoking or suffering from stress, can have a negative impact on the appearance of your skin. Ensure that you eat healthily and drink plenty of fluids.
- Do you have really difficult issues with skin impurities and a tendency to develop acne? Find out more about the correct treatment of these skin problems here.
Natural home remedies
A quick and simple cleansing steam bath can also combat spots and blackheads. Put a few drops of camomile essence in hot water, place a towel over your head and hold your face over the steam for approximately 5 minutes. The hot steam will open the pores. Afterwards, the skin will be able to absorb a cleansing mask really well.