How to save time in the mornings
Preparation is key
Morning routine: How to save time
Mornings are typically known for being overwhelming, stressful and hectic, particularly if you have a whole family to get ready. However, this doesn’t need to be the case.
Take control of your morning by streamlining your routine and save yourself valuable minutes of sleep in the process. Try to organise whatever you can the evening before and leave just the essentials for when you wake up. This might mean packing your bag for work, washing your hair or putting the bins out – you’ll be thankful these jobs have been done when the morning rolls around.
Mornings are all about allocating your time wisely and sticking to it. Get a shower timer to ensure the temptation of the warm water doesn’t leave you behind schedule, keep your eye on the clock as you eat your breakfast and get out of the door at a reasonable time. Taking a sensible approach to timings will mean you can say goodbye to stressful mornings.
Take control of your mornings
Step-by-step guide to the morning routine
A revitalising shower
Moisturise your skin
The morning beauty routine
Eat a hearty breakfast
Get out of the door
Tips for making getting out of bed in the morning easier
- Avoid hitting the snooze button – these extra few minutes will only make you short of time.
- Drink a glass of water as soon as you wake up to boost your energy output.
- Blast some of your favourite music to wake up your brain.
- Prepare your coffee machine the night before, so it’s ready to go when you get up.
- In the winter, make sure to set the heating to come on early to warm up the room.