Discover the secret to beautiful skin
What does our skin want on cold days?
- During the cold season, our skin needs extra care to keep it soft and beautiful.
- Even if it is very tempting to spend ages in a hot bath, avoid taking baths that are too hot or too long. Showering too frequently or spending a long time in the bath can affect the skin’s protective acid layer and make the natural corneal layer more permeable – this means that harmful substances can get in more easily.
- Rub in some intense nurturing cream, such as NIVEA Soft, after every shower. This contains gentle hydro wax, which blends into the skin as soon as it is applied, ensuring intensive and long-lasting care, without leaving a greasy feeling on the skin. Your skin will immediately feel soft and supple.
- Additional moisture boost: Once a week, use a body scrub and then apply a real moisture boost such as NIVEA Smooth Sensation Body Milk – this will make your skin feel firmer and look healthier.
- The skin on our faces is something quite special: choosing the right care depends on your skin type.
Beautiful skin on the elbows, shins and knees
Treat your skin to rich care and you’ll be rewarded with beautiful skin. Do you have particularly dry elbows? Try rubbing them with a lemon. This is a natural scrub with citric acid. As it does not contain any rough exfoliating granules, it is particularly gentle on the skin.
Practical care tips – neck and upper chest area
- Traditionally, it has been said that you can tell a woman's real age from the skin on her neck and upper chest area, as well as her hands.
- To make yourself look years younger, it is important to give your skin plenty of care.
- To prevent small impurities from affecting the skin’s appearance, try using a scrub.
- You should use a scrub around twice a week on the neck and upper chest area. Use a facial scrub for this, as body scrubs can be too rough.
- This will remove dead skin cells, improve the skin’s appearance and restore the skin’s radiant glow.
- Moisturising masks are just as suitable for this. Apply these to the neck and upper chest area while taking a relaxing bath and treat your skin to an extra dose of moisture, making it look instantly refreshed.
Beautiful skin from head to toe
For an extra dose of care, rub NIVEA Creme or NIVEA Soft into your feet afterwards – preferably combined with a soothing massage which reduces dry and rough feet. It is also great to care for your feet while you’re asleep, as the skin regenerates best at night: rub in plenty of cream, put on some cotton socks, and jump into bed.
Treat your skin to energy and moisture
No more cold season skin
For grey winter and autumn days, a combination of care and make-up is the right choice.